Writer Recharge Challenge
January is in the books and you've had to deal with:
a) polar vortices
b) ice storms
c) mountains of snow
d) gray skies and general malaise
e) all of the above
We thought our writer friends might be in need of a little boost. A jump start, if you will. A recharge.
We'd like to invite you to join us for Writer Recharge 2014, a month-long motivational challenge similar to last summer's Ready. Set. Write! So many of us benefited from setting goals, connecting with other writers, and social media-based accountability. So, hey, let's do it again! Whether you're delighting next to the crackling fireplace of a Shiny New Idea with a warm cup of tea and a sleepy puppy at your feet or spinning out on the ice-covered roads of revisions in an attempt to avoid the snow-packed ditch, we want to write with you! What do you want to accomplish this month? Hit a daily word count? Revise a certain number of pages or chapters each week? Complete a draft by the end of the month? Let's get this party started!
Writer Recharge 2014
Your hosts and cheerleaders: Katy Upperman, Alison Miller, Liz Parker, Elodie Nowodazkij, and Sara Biren
- First week of February: Post your goals for
the month on your blog, website, or Twitter. Use the hashtag
#WriterRecharge. Link your blog post here (below)
- Every Monday in February: Update your progress via your blog or twitter. Link your blog posts on my Monday posts.
- Throughout the month: Use the hashtag to connect with other writers, have writing parties, and cheer one another on!
- February 28: Post your final update via your blog or twitter.
- Anyone who uses the hashtag or links their blog posts will be entered to win one of five query or 3-chapter critiques.
- Write every day. Even if it's just a few lines scribbled into my notebook, I will put down words every single day.
- Reclaim my lunch hour. Many days I work straight through and eat at my desk. I resolve to read, write, or critique/beta during those precious thirty minutes.
- Finish my first draft of KEYS by February 28. It's at about 30k.
Sound easy enough? Set your goals and get started! We'll see YOU at #WriterRecharge.