YAB SWB Update :: Partied Out Edition
In our family, March Madness equals birthdays - my sister, my daughter, my mom, my niece's one-year-old twins, my father-in-law, my brother-in-law, and I all celebrate our birthdays this month.
Thursday night I celebrated by going to see Divergent at 11:30 pm, which was fantastic and so worth the next day's exhaustion. Friday I had lunch with Birdy at school and that night we saw Muppets Most Wanted. Saturday we hosted six first-graders for a Frozen party and Sunday we had about 25 people over to celebrate the family birthdays, including my mom's 80th.
This means I spent very little time writing the last four days.
This also means I'm really, really, really tired. But thankfully I had a lot of help. My sister Amy made decorations for both parties, my sister Julie helped with the Frozen party, and everyone brought food for Sunday.
But I'm still tired. And I still need to do laundry. And about a million other things that didn't get done.
So - a recap of my goals from last week:
- Begin tax prep (yes, I procrastinate this every stinking year). FAIL.
Get to 45k in KEYS.Yes! I hit this goal on Tuesday since I was home with a sick kid. Also, I started joining the #5amwritersclub on Twitter. I got up most days last week at 4:30 am to write for one hour and it was a huge success. I'm almost at 50k. Get in on at least two Twitter writing parties with #TeamDefiance.Yes! I love Team Defiance. Client edits.Yes! Completed and sent. Oh yes, I've got those back-to-back birthday parties this weekend. That means I've got a lot of cleaning and cooking and shopping to do.DONE! There's still a bit of clean-up to do. See Divergent.Yes! LOVED it. Get a haircut (first one in 13 months - yikes!).Yes!
The Plan for Week Four:
- Tax prep. Seriously. No, I mean it.
- Buy books with the BN gift card I got for my birthday (this should be easy).
- Get back on track with reading and writing every day.
- Continue 4:30 am writing time.
- Finish the first draft of KEYS by Sunday, March 30.
- Put together a preliminary itinerary for the North Shore Writing Retreat. Interested in finding out more about this 8-person retreat on Minnesota's North Shore of Lake Superior in early fall? Leave a comment below.
|You want to write here.|
Hope you had a fantastic week!