Ready, Set, WRITE! :: 2015 Edition
Happy June! Happy Summer!
It's time once again for one of my favorite writing intensives, Ready. Set. WRITE!, hosted by Alison Miller, Katy Upperman, Erin Funk, Elodie Nowodazkij, and Jaime Morrow. (More details can be found on their websites.)
Participating in RSW is a great way to set and work toward goals, get to know other writers, and help hold one another accountable.
This year, update posts will be on Mondays and will follow these headings:
1. How I did on last week’s goals
2. My goal(s) for this week
3. A favorite line from my story OR one word/phrase that sums up what I wrote/revised
4. The biggest challenge I faced this week (ex. finding time to write)5. Something I love about my WiP
Today's post is all about setting initial goals.
I just "completed" the YA Buccaneers Spring Writing Bootcamp, but I didn't do so well. I'm committed to making RSW a success again this year.
MY OVERALL GOALS:
- Complete current round of revisions for THE LAST THING YOU SAID (soon!)
- Complete revisions for THE MANUSCRIPT FORMERLY KNOWN AS KEYS (by the end of summer)
- Get outside! The weather is finally nice in Minnesota (knock on wood), so I hope to be able to write and read and play outside a lot. We just spent a couple of days in my most favorite place, Duluth. We braved the "lake breeze" to search for agates on Brighton Beach and climbed to the top of Enger Tower.
- Complete the YA Buccaneers Summer Reading Challenge.
|Annual Empty Shoes photo on Lake Superior|
|Enger Tower - Duluth, Minnesota|
- Finish revisions on THE LAST THING YOU SAID.
- Read one book for the YAB Summer Reading Challenge.
- Survive the week - it's a super crazy one with marching band and a parade for Toad, swimming lessons for both kids every night, drum lessons, a swim test for Toad's Scout camp - and my husband is out of town. All of this and a full-time job, too! Whoop!
Will you be joining in the RSW fun?