How is it possible that today is May 15th?
The month of May has been, so far, one of sadness and worry. My heart breaks again and again as a dear friend and her family face a terrible reality. I have cried and prayed for a miracle and hugged my children close and often.
I've been reading. A lot. I'm on track to read more books this month (seven so far) than I have since my YA-Book-A-Day Mini-Vacation last August. I have a huge stack of books out of two library systems and several more waiting for me on my nook. I'm going to resuscitate my Goodreads account (let's be Goodreads friends
Saturday night HG and I spent time with some of my college besties and their husbands to celebrate Heather's birthday. Heather and I were roommates and RAs together during college. She is one of the dearest, sweetest friends, so thoughtful and loving. We had a lovely evening and I am looking forward to trying to replicate some of the amazing foods (and adult beverages) we tried.
|Dave and Heather|
I have had very little motivation - even after the fantastic Children's and Young Adult Literature Conference at the Loft at the end of April - and the time has come to snap out of my funk and get back to work.
Here's what's coming up:
- Toad's Birthday Extravaganza! Three days of parties and excitement! Friday night we're having my family over for burgers on the grill. Sunday is his bowling party with friends. Saturday he will spend the evening with his grandparents who are babysitting while Hammer Guy and I go to:
- VAN HALEN at the X! While I'm more of a Rings not Wings type of gal (meaning I'm a Van Hagar fan), I am really looking forward to this, mainly because my husband is beside himself with excitement. The burning question: will he live-tweet the show?
- But wait! Before VH, I have my MNYA Writer's Group in the afternoon, which I am also super excited about!
- North Shore Getaway! At the end of the month, even though money is tight, our family is going to spend Memorial Day weekend on the North Shore in a somewhat rustic cabin just steps from the rocky beach. We are going to explore and hike and play board games and read books and roast marshmallows and just be together.
|Wish I Were Here|
- Last but not least, I plan to finish the first draft of WAITING FOR THE SUN. It's time to tell this story. I've given myself a deadline of May 30. That's May 30, 2012.
Read any good books lately? Do you have plans for a little getaway anytime soon? Have you hugged your kid today?
|This bumper sticker has been on my mom's refrigerator for three decades.|
Umm, I hugged my mom! :D So that also means my mom hugged her kid. ;)ReplyDelete
It sounds like you have some exciting things to look forward to. Good luck especially with meeting your May 30th deadline! You can do it!
Yay for hugging your mom! That works, too! Thanks for the encouragement.... I really need to get going on that.Delete
Good luck with your deadline! You can do it! :)ReplyDelete
Thanks, Krista! It's fast approaching and I've made little progress. :)Delete
The view from that cabin looks fantastic--hope you have a great upcoming vacation!ReplyDelete
The forecast is cool and rainy but I don't even care! Check back for pictures! :)Delete
I keep on reading about all these people's getaways and vacations. I need to do one of those. Have fun at the cabin! And I can't wait to read more of WAITING FOR THE SUN!ReplyDelete
Thanks, Liz! Yes, I highly recommend a getaway for inspiration and rejuvenation! :)Delete