YAB Spring Writing Bootcamp :: Goals
From the Writing Recharge frying pan into the YAB Spring Writing Bootcamp fire.... I've joined the YA Buccaneers three-month boot camp challenge. Check out all the details here.
My goals will be similar to what I did for Writer Recharge, broken down by month:
- Finish the first full draft of my current WIP, a story about a former hockey playing metalhead who escapes the drama of Real Life for a week in Florida, which turns out to have plenty of drama of its own. Its working title is KEYS.
- Host not one but TWO spectacular birthday extravaganzas in the same weekend! First, for my darling dear sweet daughter, Birdy, a fabulous afternoon of Disney's Frozen with seven of her closest friends. The next day, a classy classic Motion Picture-themed luncheon for my mother, who turns 80 this month. (I include this here so that you all understand the reasons behind me going a little batty around the third week of the month.)
- Perform reconstructive surgery on the completed draft of KEYS. If you're new to my blog, I should explain that I typically don't write my novels chronologically, and this can get fairly messy. April will mean more than revision; I will tear KEYS apart and stitch it back together in the correct order.
- Send KEYS to CPs on Friday, April 25.
- Complete revisions based on CP feedback.
ALL THREE MONTHS
- Write or work on something writing-related every single day, no exceptions.
- Read every day, even if it's just one chapter.
- Do not relinquish my recently reclaimed lunch break. Here's what's allowed during those precious thirty minutes at the day job:
- Client edits or other CP work
- Writing and/or writing-related notes or tasks
- Trips to the library or other personal errands
- NOT ALLOWED: Working
As a Crew Member, I'll be on one of the Accountability Teams - and I can't wait to join in this fantastic challenge and see where it can take us!
So - have you started thinking about your goals yet? DO IT! Post your goals and be sure to sign up with the Buccaneers! We're a fun bunch and not scary at all, I promise!