Ready. Set. Write! :: 144 Edition
Ready. Set. WRITE! is an online writing intensive to help you stay accountable with your writing goals over the summer and provides an opportunity for us to cheer each other on whether planning, drafting, or revising! Your RSW hosts are Alison Miller, Jaime Morrow, Erin Funk, and Katy Upperman. Find the rest of the details HERE.
1. How I did on last week’s goals ~ Good enough. I'm back in my writing groove. I have achieved 144 consecutive pages of this revision. The rest is in out-of-order bits and pieces. Some of my goals still need work, but I'm getting there.
2. My goals for this week ~ Read/write every day; increase water, decrease carbs; Exercise x3; Lunch break!; Read to kids; CP reads.
3. A favorite line from my story OR one word/phrase that sums up what I wrote/revised ~ Ugh, no matter how hard I try, I just can't pick one line. Another blurb:
Now, standing next to Wes at the AC/DC pinball machine, I’m struck with the same hollow feeling I had that night when he bailed on me and called me Holls. I think about Mystic’s question – what’s holding me back – and suddenly everything – Wes’s hot and cold behavior, all the times he pulled away and left me behind – suddenly it all makes sense.
“Dutch? I asked if you found anything you like – damn it!” The ball slips behind the flippers and he can’t save it. Wes pauses and turns to look at me. His eyes are so dark in the dimness of the store, almost black. “You okay? You look like you’ve seen a ghost.”
I shake my head and swallow the lump in my throat. “No, not a ghost. Or maybe I have, I don’t know. This is all about Dom, isn’t it?”
He tips his head, a confused look across his face. “What’s about Dom?”
“You and me. Or not you and me.”
“I’m not following you.”
“You and me. We can never be together, isn’t that right? And it has something to do with my brother.” The words roll from my mouth without hesitation or nervousness. “But I don’t understand why. Why, Wes? Wait –” I stop myself, put my hand over my mouth for a second, then say, “No, never mind. I don’t want to know.”
His mouth drops open at my words and I can’t believe I’ve said them. Oh, shit. What great shitstorm have I unleashed? So much for keeping things to myself.
4. The biggest challenge I faced this week ~ Once again, time. That's always going to be the big one for me. Some days I'm just so exhausted by the time the kids are finally in bed, I can only work for 15 or 20 minutes before I poop out.
5. Something I love about my WiP ~Music references - AC/DC, Poison, That Metal Show, just to name a few. \m/
|AC/DC pinball kicks AXE!|
How was your week? I hope to make the rounds this week to see how everyone is doing!