Top Reads of 2015
It's been a couple of months since I posted a monthly reading recap and suddenly it's time for my year-end Top 10.
I've read nearly 100 books this year - I'm about halfway through #98 at this writing and will most likely surpass 100 by January 1 - but found it nearly impossible to come up with a Top 10. It's more like a cheater's version, with two books bundled into one slot and the 2016 arcs I was lucky enough to get my hands on in their own special category.
So basically, it's my Top 14.
Without further ado...
My top two faves were:
1. THE ONE THING by Marci Lyn Curtis
2. ALL THE BRIGHT PLACES by Jennifer Niven
I absolutely adored THE ONE THING. Such a unique premise about a girl who has recently lost her sight - but can see a young boy named Ben - and must come to terms with the significant changes to her world. This book is funny and touching and you just can't help but love Maggie. And Ben. And Ben's brother, Mason.
ALL THE BRIGHT PLACES broke my heart over and over. So beautiful and so sad.
And the rest, in no particular order:
3. DREAM A LITTLE DREAM by Kerstin Gier (which I actually read for the first time in 2014)
4. THE WINNER'S CURSE/THE WINNER'S CRIME by Marie Rutkoski
5. ME AND EARL AND THE DYING GIRL by Jesse Andrews
6. THINGS WE KNOW BY HEART by Jessi Kirby
7. I REMEMBER YOU by Cathleen Davitt Bell
8. THE WRATH AND THE DAWN by Renee Ahdieh
9. THE START OF ME AND YOU by Emery Lord
10. AUDREY, WAIT! by Robin Benway
11. HOW TO BE BRAVE by E. Katherine Kottaras
And my favorite 2016 ARCs - add these to your TBR ASAP if you haven't already:
UNDERWATER by Marisa Reichardt
THE GIRL WHO FELL by Shannon Parker
I'm going to have to say that UNDERWATER is one of my favorite reads EVER. Such a lovely, achingly beautiful book. It releases on January 12, 2016.
These books can be found on my Top-10-2015 shelf on Goodreads.
What was your favorite read of 2015?
UNDERWATER sounds amazing, definitely adding to my TBR-list.ReplyDelete