Recharge RebootBack in the old days when I blogged regularly and had lots of extra time to visit other writers' blogs every day, I created an end-of-winter creativity challenge called Writer Recharge. The first year was a week of content on my blog. The next two years, I teamed up with Katy Upperman, Alison Miller, Liz Parker, and Elodie Nowodazkij for a month-long writing jumpstart with goal-setting and weekly check-ins.
Writer Recharge has been on a break since 2015, but I thought I'd post a few challenges here for the remainder of the month. These goals will work for writers AND readers. Here goes - happy Recharge! Start today, or start whenever you like - these will work anytime!
1. Set goals for the next month. Easy, right - you probably already do this.
2. Carve out 20 minutes today to do something relaxing, that's just for you. Find a guided meditation, do yoga, take a bubble bath, listen to an audiobook while you go for a walk, bake a pan of brownies, go out for ice cream. You get the idea. Allow yourself to take the time out of your busy schedule.
3. Do something nice for another writer or book blogger or co-worker. Send an e-card for a cup of coffee, offer to do a guest blog post or critique a query, host a giveaway of a friend's book.
4. Say thank you. Thank an author who has had a positive impact on your writing or reading life. Send a tweet, tag them in a bookstagram, or send an email. Be brave! Authors love to hear this kind of thing!
5. Reread a childhood favorite. Recapture the magic that you felt as a young reader, how that world captivated or inspired you. You don't have to finish the book in one day, but give yourself a few minutes, at least, to get started.
Bonus goal: Gift that childhood favorite to a classroom at your child's school or another school near you.
That's it! Low-key, but filled with goodness. You can even choose the order you'd like to complete the goals, or only do the ones that interest you. You've got five days to go out and make a difference - for you and for others.
Share your efforts on social media with the hashtag #RechargeReboot. Start today!
Post a Comment